Saturday, August 12, 2017

Developers, confess why you don't TDD

Dish me the dirt and give it to me straight. Don't hide anything. Just lay it out there: why don't you do TDD? TDD has been fighting for mainstream acceptance since the late nineties with the introduction of eXtreme Programming.  It's still not there yet. Today, at least everyone knows what the term TDD is but really so few actually know how to do it.
So I've put on a black shirt and twisted the collar on backwards, and I'm ready to take your confession.  Later, I'll cover your reasons, my dear developer, on Agile Thoughts podcast (http://agilenoir.biz/series/agile-thoughts/) where I'm doing a series on, brace yourself, "Why Devs don't TDD."

Like a good TDD priest, I'll keep the "actors" anonymous and discuss what I learn in an entertaining monologue.  So don't worry about your scandals and secrets.  What is your or your team's excuse?  What's the fear or problem? What's stopping you? 

And hey, if you are doing TDD, then why? What got you going?

Drop me the info either on the posting thread (Hacker News) or send me the "goods" via email: LancerKind@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. You might want to adjust your CSS so that your site renders in a sincere and readable fashion?

    ReplyDelete